Monday, June 9, 2008

Dad arrives...



My dad got here safe and sound yesterday. It is so great to see him, I can tell he has been walking and working out before coming here in prep for all the walking we will be doing. We took it easy, walked along the ocean and ate some yummy ceviche. He loved it, it gave me the runs. Better me than him. Today we traveled to the airport only to find out our airplane was delayed until this afternoon at 6pm. Not only did we wake up early, no breakfast, but now we had to get back into town to pass the time - had to take advantage of a whole day of unplanned events. We spent the day checking out the historical, old part of Lima. The buildings, churches and walkways are impressive, spanish detailed and very finely decorated. We had a tasty typical lunch that my Dad ate up, but again made me runny. Better me than him. Jungle here we come!

No comments: