Friday, March 13, 2009

p.s. we went to the beach last weekend

During this first week in the Hope House I nearly forgot to tell you that Hugo and I went to the beach last weekend. Maybe that is what I get for taking a long weekend in the sun and surf; a week of non-stop problem-solving, missing landlords, demanding women, long work nights, rainy literacy classes, just to name a few of things that happened this week. I only wish that the peace that I found in the Pacific sunset, I could have found in the middle of moving this week. The good thing is that next week is a new week.

Surprisingly for not having a camera, I have been able to capture many pictures to share. Hugo and I visited Huanchaco, Trujillo. The night bus from Cajamarca to the coast normally takes 6 hours; it took us nearly 10 hrs. to get to the coast. Awaiting us was lots of tasty Ceviche, Pre-Incan Moche pyramids and sunburns. Take a look: On a totally unrelated note I will be visiting MN this May for Adel and Mark's wedding. This means I will be a mule. I will be bringing back women's products to Austin, TX so that DiscoverHope Fund can proudly display the hard work of our women. In addition, I am also planning on bringing some of my sweethearts' paintings to display/sell, since the U.S. government won't YET let Hugo come to the states. So if you are interested in original Peruvian artwork I would encourage you to check out my Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/norabuzz/ (and go to the album Caja Original Art), where I have posted a bunch of Hugo's paintings. Take a look, if you are interested in something specific Hugo would be happy to make it for you and I would be happy to bring it to you.

No comments: