Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chapter 2: Immigration Paperwork Trail

Hello all,

As I am sure many of you are getting into springtime mode I am recently recovering from a bad sunburn. I know there are no pity feelings for me, since I brought it upon myself. Hugo and I went with a group of friends to the beach this weekend, before our immigration oreal on Monday, finding some peace in the Pacific waves and relaxing with plates of seafood. My white skin was attacked by the harsh sun this weekend and made for a difficult ride back through the mountains to get to Cajamarca.

Remember when I told you about the getting paperwork for getting married in Peru? Well we are moving onto the next chapter, getting paperwork ready to change my immigration status (from tourist to resident!) and the final chapter is Hugo's visa. We started the 2nd chapter yesterday. We waited in line for a half an hour and paid $5 so we could get a legalized stamp on our marriage certificate. 2 weeks. It takes 2 weeks to stamp a piece of paper in this country! That means we will travel again in 2 weeks to do the main meat of paperwork in Lima. I know, this is all very dry and unentertaining, but who knows - some of you down the line may need some of this information in some way, shape or form. So, don't go away! Follow the paperwork trail with me!

My best wishes as you spring clean, plant, grease your bike that has been in storage and frolick in the new grass.

Love, Nora

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a great blog! We've donated through Kiva before, so it's so cool to see what micro-loans look like on the other end. And congratulations on your marriage! Best wishes for many happy years together. : )

http://excerpts-kristin.blogspot.com/