Friday, July 9, 2010

Home - Hot Sweet - Home





There is nothing quite like being home in Minnesota for a (brief) summer vacation. It is hot, there are tank-tops, more skin than I am used to seeing, but it is wonderful. Long days. Lazy. Endless supply of brats. Gorgeous sunsets. Green. Bikes. God, Minnesota has got it all. My only (2) complaints so far were my extended visit to Terminal A in Newark, New Jersey (due to my world cup replaying watching, I missed my plane, and got lucky to do a standby) and my 24 hour 101 fever virus that knocked me down and kept me in bed for the day. Other than that, what else do you except from an 11 day trip? As much as goodness as you can squeeze in a short amount of time. Didn't see good friends, or visit the waterpark, or go for a long bike ride...but God willing Hugo and I will be back on my stomping grounds next spring and we will do all of that plus a whole lot more.

Happy summer to all!

No comments: