Friday, May 23, 2008

Minnesota visitors

Corpus Christi surprise carpet morning. Stunning!
Live guinea pigs. Vicky probably has over 50 cuys.
Cooked guinea pigs. Pictured is Hugo, Mark, and Adelita

Visitors change your world, at least they change mine. Adel and her boyfriend Mark came this week to Cajamarca to get a glimpse into my world and a chance for me to catch up on her world. I had all these wonderful ideas in my head about how the week might look and the week has taken up a life of it's own. There was a little bit of altitude adjustment and food adjustment which put us into a slow-mo. So things that were planned didn't happen, but other things did. Crazy yahtzee games, beautiful sawdust carpets, many warm lunch invitations (including CUY!), and scary fair rides all became part our weekly activities. It is such a comforting feeling to be in the company of a dear friend (that speaks my language - not just English, but the language of true friendship). They will be leaving tomorrow, and on one hand I am sad it was a short trip, but on the other, this time has reminded me of the love I feel from home that carries me and strengthens me. Adel's visit brought all this nostalgia - it's almost like after being here 6 months now this is kinda my home. I haven't forgot about my home in MN, but there are little things that Adel helped me remember - things that I love and things that are annoying. I think their visit was a little exhausting for everyone, but on top of that it was re-energizing. Their shot of MN blood was just what I needed to re-charge and re-mind and be thankful for having more than one world of love, beauty and friends.

No comments: