Tuesday, September 16, 2008

everyone wants more information about Hugo...

So I get it, yes you all want more information about Hugo. I mentioned in a previous post that he was my "boyfriend." Yes, he still is. It has been nearly 6 months now, so I figure I can confidently share some little tidbits about him, for those of you that haven't been to Peru and maybe aren't planning a trip, a couple of things you should know:
He is a painter and is pretty good, will finish up art school next year, but in the meantime also studies architecture.
He is a kind man and doesn't fall into the machismo category at all.
He is very affectionate and loves PDA's.
He is trying to learn English, but is pretty rusty.
He loves his mom and spends loads of time with her.
He doesn't know how to cook - but recently learned how to make quesadillas, so that is a start.
We disagree sometimes, but the cultural divide doesn't separate us too much, I think it actually allows us to grow in many ways.
He is always relaxed and "things will always work out" with him.
He has a sincere, hearty laugh that will make you laugh.
He has a soft heart and loves learning about the world outside of his own.
If he knew I was making this list for public viewing he might get a little mad, but if I explained I was sharing this list with the world because I am falling in love with him and I want others to get to know him, well he might be OK with it. So I hope that answers some of your questions - all you curious souls out there.

I just have to add that we went out to the countryside this past weekend and Hugo brought his paper and painting supplies. We found a shady tree and made camp for the afternoon so that he could paint. Shortly after he began painting there was a crowd of little girls hovering over him. It was so adorable. They wanted their portrait done, but they only had 2 soles (less than a dollar) with them, so Hugo offered to paint them next time. We'll see if that happens.

No comments: