Friday, September 12, 2008

Thermal pool vacation

Laura left. Lisa came. We hit the thermal pools in Banos de Inca. Not for 1 afternoon - but for 2 whole days. It was the most relaxed I have felt in a very long time. We stayed at Laguna Seca (those of you that have come to Cajamarca have gotten you massages there...bring back good memories?) It was paradise-relax-no worry-no work for an entire 48 hours straight. I couldn't have done it on my own budget, but Lisa was so kind to treat me big time. The thermal pools didn't relieve my sore throat, but they sure made me forget about it.

I have noticed how every time a new visitor comes I share a new experience with them - and no 2 visitors are alike. With my first visitors (Adelita!) I was so worried about showing them all the tourist hot spots. But I have learned that everyone who comes to Cajamarca brings their own desires, wishes and energy level. And I have learned to chill and just go with what people bring. So now - thanks to all the 2008 visitors (hopefully still one more to come - Jen!) - I have learned lots and will be well prepared for future Cajamarcan adventurers (hint, hint - I may be around here in 2009, so start making plans....)

Thanks for the big, hot, wet treat this week Lisa!

No comments: