Friday, December 19, 2008

Cheeseheads


I took my (longer than I remember) road trip to visit friends throughout Wisconsin (well, just Madison and Eagle River, but it felt like I went all over the state). It was a lovely and short reunion with a place I use to call home. My friend Erica, after visiting me in Peru, decided to host a fund raising event for Discover Hope Fund. So last Saturday we had an open house with all the hot winter treats and invited Madison folks to see what DHF women make and encourage them to make a donation. And, it was successful! Thank you Erica!!!

The only disappointing part of the trip was the -15 reading on the thermometer which kept me from using my X-country skis that I eagerly packed in the car. On the other hand, I can't complain, I am only here until Jan. 8th so I will deal with whatever Mother Nature decides, as long as I get to see loved ones.

Speaking of loved ones, I got to meet Trish and Mark's new baby, Iland, who was born in October. Precious. Precious. I spent my visit with Trish and Mark mostly squeezing their little baby bear (as he is called) and catching up with Trish in between cries, feedings and changings. Big stuff happens when I leave the country for a year. I wonder what I will find come next year's return? Anyone?

Thanks to everyone in Wisconsin. I had a warm bed and lots of yummy food while visiting with you. As my friend Jen once said about her visit back to WY, I felt like I got a big, warm hug from WI, warm despite the freezing temperatures.

No comments: