Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas everyday, all day

You thought I wouldn't blog while I was in MN? Oh, but there is so much to write about, this journey back to my old home, so much to take in.

So I arrived on Sunday and it has been like Christmas all the time. So many wonderful things happen every minute here in the U.S. (But do keep in mind I am on vacation, who knows what my cultural shock status will be next week, but I will enjoy my happiness while I can) Here is a small sampling of all the fabulous gifts I have experienced and received since arriving on U.S. soil...

- There is always, always food in the fridge (including ice cream) - I never have to run to the store for something I forgot to buy earlier that day. My parents have a constant supply of everything you would ever want to consume, including my most favorite homemade foods.
- I discovered "again" my old clothes, scarfs, shoes that had been in storage for the year. I feel like a gitty girl celebrating a new wardrobe.
- The bathroom never lacks toilet paper and nobody charges me 10 cents to use the bathroom. There are public bathrooms everywhere and they are usually really clean. What a gift!
- The snow blankets the earth, trees, houses, and paints a beautiful winter wonderland picture!
- I can talk in English on my cell phone to my family and friends and it is covered under my verizon plan and I don't need to buy phone credit every other day (let's just hope I don't go over those set minutes....)
- Juicy hamburgers, ginger ale, hot steamers, German chocolate cake, Beers besides Cusquena, etc....
-CHOICE!!!! (Everywhere!)
- Hot showers, day or night, no worries about the electricity disappearing mid-shower.
- Reunions, smiles, laughs, hugs with those I dearly love - the presence of loved ones. No greater gift - and it happens multiple times a day.
- These are just a few...more unmentioned, and I am sure, more gifts to come.

Hope you all have gifts that you discover every day before, on and after Christmas.

No comments: