Monday, July 20, 2009

Living in a Construction Site

So folks, the wedding site is under construction. It has been for awhile now and I am waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel. There is cement, pieces of scrap wood, and random saws in our front lawn. The chickens don't seem to mind, but I do. Hugo and his mom keep telling me everything will be done by December, but why does the pessimistic side of me come out and say, "Really? Are you sure?"
The construction in our apartment is done, but the construction workers are working on the first floor apartment below us. And the house next door to us, where we will have the post ceremony party still needs a (dance) floor and some kitchen work and a paint job. Not that much really. Right?

We planted some beautiful flowers yesterday in hopes of having a colorful garden surround us during the ceremony. I am on active flower duty to make sure the construction workers don't collide with our newly planted flowers.

No comments: