Monday, November 24, 2008

Despidida

Hugo's mom threw a little BBQ good bye party for me in the countryside on Sunday. I tried to turn it into a potluck, but the concept of potlucks doesn't translate very easy into Peruvian language. Anyways, we had some good food, weather, conversation and dance. And, of course I had to give a little speech on the fly.


Jen, my last visitor for 2008, made it safely into town today and so the few days I have left in Cajamarca I will drag her with me to run errands, buy things, and wrap up my literacy test documents and do some fun things in between. Speaking of literacy tests: 7 out of the 9 women that took the test on Saturday passed and therefore will receive a certificate in January from the Department of Education stating that they are literate! Yeah for Andrea, Elena, Precila, Casimira, Maria Cruz, Sebastiana and Angelica!!!! Good work to all.

No comments: