Tuesday, August 4, 2009

P.S. Just one last stamp

I was so happy to pick up my birth certificate with it´s legalized stamp from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then take it to my official translator! It was like a sigh of relief, no more central Lima!....until....my translator highly suggested I return to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to get her signature legalized with another stamp. The place I just came from? Yep. There are lots of falsified documents in Peru and you wouldn´t want to make another trip to Lima just to get another stamp. No.

When all is said and done my birth certificate is going to be worth more than $150, including all the taxi fees, stamp fees, speedy postage fees, not counting my travel expenses to-from Lima. I have never owned a piece of paper that was worth so much.

I really, really do love Hugo. If I didn´t love him, I would have stopped my voyage at the 3rd stamp.

No comments: