Friday, December 18, 2009

Moving

Yes folks, the move went smoothly. (I may have scared you in the last post?) My moving truck was a little rusty and lopsided, but nothing got lost in the shuffle. Hope House (aka our learning center for classes) is packed up in a safe location until Feb. classes start next year.

Why is Hope House moving?

1. We found a more central location
2. With lower rent costs!
3. The new Hope House will have a full kitchen stove - so no more appetizer mishaps, like this year
4. Computers for computer classes are part of the new Hope House
5. And, a room full of sewing machines will also be part of the Hope House!!!!

So, now that I have moved and finished my final report, that means that I can focus on wedding preparation, and with 2 weeks to go, there is still lots of do. Will it get done? Yes. Will I be stressed about it? Yes. Will it all be worth it? Yes.

Inbetween moving DHF and final report I have been helping paint some of the rooms in the house where family guests will be staying. After thinking that I had permanently painted my nails red (not with nailpolish!) I decided, wait a second, I am going to be a bride, I need to not paint anymore and do other things. So, I hired a painter.

Also, Hugo and I have been preparing the musical selections for the ceremony and party. It is going to be quite a show and musical event. This weekend we are going to buy the live turkeys for our wedding lunch buffet. And, there are many other odds and ends, stay tuned as the countdown begins!

No comments: