Sunday, January 13, 2008

Little annoying things

I just have to get it out there, life here is not perfect. I am loving it, don't get me wrong, but there are little things. Let me list a couple: Nobody ever has change, never. 50 cents, forget it. Machismo is alive and well here - e.i. the girls I was playing soccer with on Sat. got kicked off the field because the MEN came. Peruvians often use this whiny voice when they want something from you (very annoying) - and they will first say, "No seas malita/Don't be bad." I am sure I get over charged for everything for being white. To clean the floors an awful petroleum smelling substance is used, and it is slippery, so I fell on my butt last week in the office. Ouch, I covered three levels of stairs. The traffic is dangerous, fast, and a roller coaster ride - and equally dangerous is crossing the street. And, when someone says they are going to do something at a certain time, it really means that the either aren't going to do it, or they will be at least an hour and half late. There, I got a couple of things off of my chest. Thank goodness for mango season, fried churros, and lots of skype calls with friends and family - it balances out the good with the not-so-good.

No comments: