Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ode to Well-Being

Thankful for good health, when I got it - I don't realize it, and when I don't - the walls comes crashing down. Yesterday may have been my worst day in Peru. I couldn't leave the house and nothing would stay down, not even chamomile tea and saltine crackers. Thanks to my Skype Doc Maggie I was able to get some remedy and reassurance that it would pass. Feeling sick and weak brings on feelings of loneliness and more sickness. Thank goodness my Ipod was next to my bed, accompanying me in my sorrow and pain. Luz recommended drinking 2 home made remedies today, to regain my strength. The first was boiled water from this seed that made the water like gelatin. The second was rice, cinnamon, carrot water. I would not recommend it. But my strength is slowly coming back, so I won't say it didn't work. Thanks be for health.

No comments: