Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Relax, Stress, Relax

Since we didn't have water this past weekend we had to relax and bathe in the hot thermal pools just outside of Cajamarca on Sunday. Relaxing. The next day the water came back to our apartment, so my bucket entertaining days ended. I then put Kirsten and Erica to work picking our jewelry and bags at our Discover Hope Fund Buy Day in the office this week. This proved to be more stressful than planned. We had a huge turn-out of loan recipients hoping to sell their goods to us. We spent a good almost 3 hrs. working hard at choosing, picking, placing money in envelopes and just basically trying to keep 15 women and their children under control in a very small space. Kirsten and Erica were a huge help, but the whole event tested my patience and prepped me for a stiff drink by the end of the afternoon.

Then tonight the Madison crowd headed to the hot springs again to receive the full sauna and spa treatment. Again, relaxing. So we managed to squeeze some stress in between our relaxing thermal water nights.

3 comments:

r0berts said...

Love to read about your adventures. I live vicariously through you. So, if I come down, is it now BYOB. Bring Your Own Bucket? Keep doing good work while having fun.

r0berts said...

Love reading your adventures. If I come to visit, I'll BYOB. Bring my own Bucket.

r0berts said...

oops. double commented. Now its a triple comment