Sunday, October 26, 2008

Timing!

Yes, folks it is all about timing. My good friends and roomies from Grad. school in Madison came down to visit - they had a safe arrival yesterday on a beautiful sunny mountain morning. Only minutes before their arrival I was yelling from my patio at my landlord,"I don't have any water." No water in the kitchen, bathroom, anywhere. So I thought to myself it will come back on a little later in the day. I went to pick up my friends, brought them back to my waterless apartment and we were catching up already on all the past year's events. There was no luck with getting water later in the day - or today for that matter. I filled up a couple of buckets from my landlord's faucet this morning, so now I am entertaining guests among buckets of water (hey, at least now we can flush the toilet and wash the dishes). But Kirsten and Erica are in good spirits - look at all they have done this weekend (without water); we - very randomly - got to see a kinda cool procession and a sawdust carpet just right outside of my house, they checked out the meat market and found a fresh cow head, and hit my favorite bar in town that has music and storytelling that will make you lose track of the hour and clap until your hands hurt. I think this afternoon we will need to bath in the thermal pools outside of town, because I am not counting on having water tomorrow either. Lovely timing, really.

No comments: