Monday, October 20, 2008

Ridiculous B.day Bash

I need a weekend rest after my weekend. I worked on Sat., which is nothing new. But then on Sunday I went to Hugo's little brother's 7th Birthday party. I have only been to one other kid's B.day party here in Peru and I didn't realize until yesterday that they are all the same - the same level of crazy, ridiculousness. I'll give you a little play by play. The party was in the countryside, so that the kids could run around and go crazy without breaking anything. Good thinking mom. The party invitations said 10am. Kids came with their parents between 11-12. Lunch was served at 1:30. We sucked lolipops and painted faces until 3:30. Then the "animadores" (women that dress up in a million different outfits and sing, dance, and make the kids look so cute and ridiculous for 3 hrs. straight - great entertainment for the parents!) started their show. There was no electricity, so the party wasn't as loud as it could have been, but I was still exhausted when Hugo and I escaped at 6pm. By then they still hadn't sung Happy Birthday or broke the pinata or served the cake. Hugo's mom told us today that they left the house at 9pm last night. The party went until 8ish. Do we have parties for 7 yr. olds in the states that go from 11am - 8pm? I don't have kids, so I guess I don't know. But, to me it seems a bit long...and ridiculous (oh, wait I mentioned that already).

No comments: