Saturday, April 25, 2009

January 2, 2010

Folks, planning a wedding in Peru is never done 9 months ahead of time. I am breaking country records here by doing it. I know in previous posts I said I would keep you posted. I am posting.

I never was the type to imagine myself in a big, flowing wedding dress with the details of my wedding all planned out. I always thought it would be simple, small, meaningful and down to earth. That is still in my head and in Hugo's head too.

We've decided to get married outside of Hugo's childhood country home. At the base of a small mountain, surrounded by eucalyptus trees and cornfields. We are going to have a somewhat small wedding, but in Minnesota, a big celebration. On January 2, 2010 will be our Peruvian ceremony. I know it is difficult for folks to make plans to come to this mountain town in Northern Peru, so a reception and party will happen in St. Paul later in 2010. If I can figure out how, I would like to find a way to video and stream our Peruvian wedding online - so you can be with us not only in spirit, but in computer too. But, I am not that tech savvy. Stay tuned for country-breaking-wedding-planning news.

No comments: