Thursday, December 27, 2007

Augh! Mail, Where?

I finally found the post office. I only had to ask a dozen people; and the common response was a deer-in-headlights look and then a slight, non-confident point in a random direction. When I stumbled into the post office after doing circles around multiple blocks from the random directions I got, the lady working there very confidently told me I had no mail. I asked her to please check. Viola! One piece of mail (Thanks cousin Laura!) So despite constant questions from friends and fam, you can send mail to me:
Nora Bedard
Serpost, Cajamarca
Cajamarca, Peru
South America

Some little helpful tidbits about mailing:
-all packages should be able to fit in a padded envelope
-on the green/white customs form you fill out and stick to the package: write “gift”, so to be declared as “non-commercial stuff”
- Writing "Dios te bendiga" or adding crosses on the outside of the envelope is encouraged.
-if it asks for the value, no matter what, put less $ (than $100).



No comments: