Monday, December 10, 2007

First week in Cajamarca


I woke up again this morning to the sound of trumpets. There has been a parade every other day outside of our hotel, conveniently located on the corner of the main square in town. Yesterday after I hiked up above cajamarca, when I came back into town there was a army gun parade, complete with bombs shooting up from the park. No one was hurt, everyone seemed to think it was a good time.
There are new noises to get use to - and on top of that I have to keep remembering not to put toilet paper in the toilet, look both ways twice before crossing the street because pedestrians don't have rights, prepare myself for past 3 am disco nights and watch my starch intake. Other than that, cajamarca has been treating me well and my heart is comfortable and happy here.

No comments: