Monday, December 31, 2007

Traditions for good luck


What do you do in the U.S. for new years? Everyone asks me this question. Eat little weiners and stay up watching TV - watching how others celebrate and bring in the new year. I felt a little silly sharing this with others. Here there are more than enough traditions here to go around. I started with green herb soup this morning, brings good luck. It has herbs, egg, cheese and potatoe (if you wish, you add aji - green spicy flavoring). I was also told that I need to eat 12 grapes at midnight (make a wish for everyone), bath with grounded up cinnamon to bring good luck in love, put this lemon spelling plant in the corner of my room for good health, put a vase of yellow flowers in my bedroom and also wear yellow underwear (for general good luck), and carry a small bag of lentils and rice with me when I go out, and at midnight, throw them up in the air for good luck with money. That's a lot of work for good luck, no? Whatever your traditions are today or in the future, may they be filled with good luck, too. Cheers to 2008!

No comments: